We love teaching practical ideas and tools that help create a more horizontal model of solidarity and increased collective efficacy as we know the top down vertical model has not addressed recurring community challenges nor does it reflect inclusive, democratic and community centric practices.
Workshops and training we offer that we are very passionate about:
- Cultural Diversity - engaging CALD & ATSI communities: We also look at Cultivating & Celebrating Diversity as an Asset. We can also provide consulting services for creating Culturally intelligent and responsive workplaces (schools, businesses, clubs, organisations etc)
- Asset Based Community Development (ABCD)- Asset-based community development or asset-based community-driven development as it is sometimes called, is a bottom-up way of working with communities that focuses on community strengths and assets rather than on deficits and problems.
- Applying Asset Based & Participatory Community Practices to Integrate & Engage CALD & Refugee Communities
- Community Conversations – Great for multi stakeholder collaboration and supports the movement from individual intelligence to collective wisdom. Community dialogue, or community conversation, help us achieve reliable and sustainable community cooperation and action. This is related to the ABCD training we provide but here we focus specifically on methods and share creative ideas when conducting learning or community conversations. We can run training workshops on CC or conduct CC in communities.
- Appreciative Inquiry (AI) - Appreciative Inquiry is a strengths-based approach to creating change. AI can be applied in a range of contexts. For more information, click here.
The suite of training & capacity building workshops & support we offer can be tailored to specific challenges, issues and areas of work relevant to your staff, committee or community group.
We are also flexible in blending different training areas. One such example is blending cultural diversity and asset-based community development practices and approach.